Casa Batllo is high on the list of Best things to do in Barcelona. It’s a Modernisme or Art Nouveau building in the center of Barcelona. It was designed by Antoni Gaudí and is considered one of his great masterpieces. A remodel of a previously built house, it was redesigned in 1904 by Gaudí. The local name for this building is Casa dels ossos (House of Bones), as it has skeletal quality. It is located in the middle of Passeig de Gracia, which in the early 20th century was known as a very prestigious and fashionable area.
- Website: Casa Batllo website
- World Heritage by Unesco
- Ticket: 24.5 euro (about $27.78 US)
- Be the first ticket: 37 euro (about $41.95 US)
- Hours: (8:30-9pm every day)
- Duration: 1+ hr
- If you don’t want anyone in your photos purchase the “Be the first ticket” (8:30 entry) and arrive at 8:15 am.
- It is strongly recommended that you buy your tickets online before your stay to avoid long queues.
- Visit everything on the Best of Barcelona list.
If you have a tip, question or suggestion please add a comment below. Stay Active.