The charming Gothic Quarter, or Barri Gòtic, has narrow medieval streets filled with trendy bars, clubs and Catalan restaurants and is a great place to call home on your Barcelona vacation. We stayed (here) in the Gothic Quarter and think that many of the surrounding hotels can’t be beaten as far as the location from the main attractions ( top things to do in Barcelona ).
It’s full of the meandering, tiny, cobblestone streets that you envision on a trip to Spain with massive gothic cathedrals hiding just behind the bend. Within an easy walk is Palau de la Música Catalana, Museu Picasso, and Las Ramblas. It’s a great place to get a free walking tour or visit shops and restaurants.
- Duration: 1-2 hr
- Price: Free
- Hours: 24/7 daily
- Close by attractions: Palau de la Música Catalana, Museu Picasso, Catedral de Barcelona, and Las Ramblas
- As always when traveling keep an eye on your gear. However, Barcelona has a reputation for pickpocketers. So if there is a commotion grab your bag first then take a look.
- Take a free ( tip only ) walking tour.
- Discard the map and just let yourself wander
- Visit everything on the Best of Barcelona list.
If you have a tip, question or suggestion please add a comment below. Stay Active.